General Questions About Staking

Moderator: Carlson Support

General Questions About Staking

Postby heco » Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:37 pm

Hello,

I need to upgrade my data collector and software, and was thinking of the SurvCE program. However, after looking at it, I cannot figure out how to stake a line with an elevation at the two ends. (I do NOT want to use points with elevations associated with them) - (Sewer Line staking) How do you stake a line (and change the elevation at either end of the line whenever you want).

Can curves do this?

The current staking program I use is "Surveyors Toolkit" made for the HP48gx. Got a new computer and there is NO SERIAL PORT!!!!, they are going away.

You define a horizontal alignment by point numbers, give stationing at each end.

Then define a vertical alignment by the stationing.
I can redefine the vertical alignment anytime.
After a stored reading, a C/F is given. If chosen I can enter another design elevation and another C/F is given.

Can SurvCE do this,and how???
________
volcano digital
Last edited by heco on Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
heco

Postby Jason » Mon Jan 21, 2008 4:17 pm

OK,

If you select stake line/arc and pick define alignment you will come to the screen with 2 tabs. On the horizontal tab pick point list. Enter the 2 points and press for ok, you will be prompted to overwrite vertical and say yes. Now select the vertical tab and press edit, now you can edit by station/elevation. Once you get into the stake screen it will display the design elevation at the bottom, you can go with that or select override elevation and then type a new elevation. Also after you stake with either of these elevations, you get the stake results screen which has 2 boxes for elevation difference and elevations. Type a new elevation here and you will get a new cut/fill displayed to the right. This works for say MH rims. If you don't understand any of these steps, give me a ring and I can help you out. What your wanting to do is possible and while it sounds like alot, it really is very easy.
Carlson Tech Support
606-564-5028
Support@carlsonsw.com
Jason
Site Admin

Return to SurvCE General