Editing and re-reduction in SurveyCE 2 in Explorer 2

Moderator: Carlson Support

Editing and re-reduction in SurveyCE 2 in Explorer 2

Postby Greg J » Fri Feb 22, 2008 8:00 am

Having searched these forums for some time now, have decided to post.
Used remote BM function at start of a levelling traverse, unfortunately used wrong target height in error. Went into raw data and edited to correct height.
Cannot seem to re-reduce file to get corrected levels. Yes edit appears to have been saved and note about time and original info. appears in raw file.
If I am understanding the proceedure correctly, I now go into "process No Adjust" and this should update the coord file RLs. etc. but there is no change!
I must have missed something somewhere. What's the point of editing the raw data if you cannot effect changes to the reduction. Downloading the raw data again to Liscad and reducing also produces no change in final levels.
Greg J

Changing Rod Heights

Postby Artanian » Mon Feb 25, 2008 2:39 pm

It sounds like you have edited a "DS" description record which will always get ignored when you run a "Process No Adjust".

Only the actual Record Lines that starts with "LS" affects the calculated coordinates. If you edited a line that starts with two spaces and when you tap edit it sayes "Note:" above the box then these are just notes for humans and they aren't used in proecessing.

When you tap on the line that starts with LS it would say "Edit Instr/Rod Height" in the upper left and have a seperate box for Instrument height and Rod Height. This is the record that applies changes.
Artanian

Postby Greg J » Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:31 am

Thanks for that. I know what you mean. When I edit the "LS" line as you describe I can redump and it reduces accordingly. I haven't found the best way to back out of edit mode once done. I can get out and save the edit, but there must be a simpler way. Having asked me to save the edit, & replying
"yes" it does save it, but when I then try to exit I finish back in edit mode again. My answer is to go up one directory and exit. This works but there's probably an easier way.
I then run "process no adjust", and get asked if I wish to update the co-ord
file at the end, naturally the answer is "yes", but when I review the co-ord
file the RL's have not changed. Any thoughts please.
Greg
Greg J

Edit Rod Heights

Postby Artanian » Wed Mar 12, 2008 4:03 pm

It sounds like your not saving the RW5.

If you edit the RW5 in SurvCE

Tap on the LS record to highlight it / tap Edit / type in the correct value

hit the Green Check and it goes to the Edit Raw File view

Tap the Orange back arrow in the upper right / tap YES to SAVE CHANGES to the RAW File

Tap the Green check when it prompts for the name and folder of the RAW FILE / it should prompt that it already exists do you want to REPLACE

You have to tap YES to replace the existing RW5 with the Modified RW5

Then tap the Orange Back arrow to go to the Main menu / now go into File / Raw Data / Process No Adjust
Artanian

Return to SurvCE General