ARGHHHHHHHH

Moderator: Carlson Support

ARGHHHHHHHH

Postby aquaticrobotic » Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:03 am

Boy,
The more I use 2.03 the more frustrated I become with it.
It's loaded on an Allegro CX.
I'm not sure why it beeps so much when shooting the Total Station (Topcon GTS 223). v1.64 fired it so fast and got every shot, none of this beep like it got it when it really didn't get it crap. Second, and more annoying, after changing setups and completing BS check, it coded 50 shots all BB (bottom bank) even though I'm 120% convinced I changed all the codes to the appropriate descriptor (ie, wells, vents, steps, concrete etc). [enable sarcasm detector software now] BTW This was a ton of fun to fix and took no time at all ;)

I didn't think version 1.64 needed changed.

Can anyone point out some positive improvements to me, because I think I'm missing them?
aquaticrobotic

SurvCE 2.03

Postby mcalik » Sat Mar 08, 2008 10:29 pm

We are using Topcon and Leica instruments TPS and Gps and SurveCE 2.03 on Allegro is the best data collector I ever used.
I think you need to start to read the manual more often or simple call tech. support. before you post your complaining about SurveCE.
P.S. If you do not like the beeping, just disable it in the settings.
mcalik

Postby aquaticrobotic » Sun Mar 09, 2008 3:26 am

Um, Yeah....
I couldn't find in the manual how to disable the function that INCORRECTLY CODES SHOTS.
Agreed, the Allegro is a phenomenal data collector and SurvCE tops in my book too when compared to TDS. But I'm just not sure what exactly needed fixing with v1.64. For instance, why change how the cursor backspaces when naming a txt or crd in the import/export function? Why did Carlson make the cursor jump past multiple letters at a time? Wasn't a normal functioning cursor satisfactory?
:roll:
I'm just looking for improvements and haven't really been able to come up with anything.
And from the lack of responses, neither had anyone else.
I'm looking forward to receiving our other Allegro back from repair with v1.64 on it. The screen got destroyed in a truck accident two weeks ago and I purchased a new Allegro the same day from my dealer.
aquaticrobotic

Postby tstrickland » Sun Mar 09, 2008 10:08 pm

I personally thought there were a lot of improvements w/ 2.x over 1.x. I am enjoying using it. I haven't experienced the problems you're having with the coding. Must be in a setting. I have mine set to always prompt me for the code and rod height.
fwiw,
terry
Terry Strickland
tstrickland

Postby Jason » Mon Mar 10, 2008 1:22 pm

New Features

New Look
• SurvCE Version2 has a new colorful look. Icons have been standardized to create continuity throughout the product, while modernizing the user experience.

Hot List
• The new Hot List lets users jump to the SurvCE 2 routines that previously had shortcuts without having to memorize key strokes. It also provides shortcut functionality to devices without keyboards.

Volumes
• SurvCE 2 can compute volumes between two surfaces, one surface and an elevation or simple stockpile volumes. Surfaces can be defined by graphical entities and points or by Carlson TIN files

Help
• The software has optional on-board help files. These files are the entire user manual and can be installed separately. Click on the SurvCE icon and select Help to get the help document that pertains to the current routine.

Leveling
• SurvCE 2 can be used to collect trigonometric level loops and digital level loops. Loops can be processed and adjusted on the device and all existing project coordinate points can be updated.

GPS Networks
• SurvCE 2 supports several GPS network protocols, such as NTRIP, TCP and UDP.

Localization
• The software supports an unlimited number of localization points. All project scale settings and coordinate system options have been centrally located in the localization dialog.

Angle Sets in Store Points
• SurvCE 2 allows users to “Configure” how each reading is measured with regard to direct and reverse options (Formerly know as SS/Trav). If direct and reverse readings are taken at the backsight, then any direct and reverse foresight will be considered an angle set and will be reduced accordingly. This eliminates the need to use a separate routine for angle sets.

Station Equations
• SurvCE 2 supports station equations.

Reference Alignments
• SurvCE 2 supports associating a reference alignment for station reporting. This allows the user stake a 3’ offset to a curb line that is not parallel to the CL of the road, stop at all critical curb stake locations and have the station be reported based on the CL alignment.

Job Settings
• SurvCE 2 has the option to use a template DXF file for new jobs so that all layers and colors are automatically created per your company standard.

• It has the option to auto-load cutsheets and control files from the previous job for those users that work on one site continuously

• SurvCE 2 has the ability to turn off the auto-descriptions in stakeout and completely customize how all stakeout routines behave

• Point Number by Interval –SurvCE 2 can interval the point ID by using the “Add to Next Pt ID” option. To number all points on the odd numbers, start at 1 and use 2 in this field.

Feature Coding
• SurvCE 2 can collect parallel lines using the offset horizontal and offset vertical line drawing commands and close a rectangle by three points using the rectangle command. In the settings section of Special Codes, the user can even auto compute and store the additional points at the line vertices that were created by the software.

• SurvCE 2 allows the user to code in numerous coding styles that may be defined by their office package.
Instrument Switching

• SurvCE 2 keeps track of every instrument completely separate. This includes all base stations, rovers and total stations, so that mixing equipment is easy. Simply configure your gear once and forget it. The instrument icon has been enhanced to allow you to switch between your current equipment.

Skew Angle Staking
• SurvCE 2 supports staking offsets on a skew angle and provides the option to stake offset intersections and bisectors at angle points and the radius or PI point of an arc without leaving the Stake Line/Arc routine.

SurvCE 2 Has More:
Supported Instruments;
Supported File Formats;
Supported Handheld Devices.

CarlSync file transfer,
file backup, and synchronization.
Utilizing internet connections, your data collector files can be synchronized with the CarlSync Server (this involves an extra charge). This server is a central depository for updated data collector files and for deposited files from an office connection. Both the field crews and the office staff can deposit files onto the server. Therefore files can be uploaded to the server as well as downloaded from the server. Connection to the internet can be made via cellular, WiFi, or ActiveSync.

• Transfer your data collector files back to a secure web server while in the field. Save the drive time back to the office.

• Backup your data files on a secure web server.

• Receive data sets or work-orders from the office, while in the field.

• Send a file from one data collector in the field to another designated data collector.

Also the ability to pick points in the map screen using snaps.
Carlson Tech Support
606-564-5028
Support@carlsonsw.com
Jason
Site Admin

SurvCE 2.0

Postby Artanian » Mon Mar 10, 2008 1:30 pm

The Topcon Total Station beeping and the Backspace Arrow key are known issues that will be resolved in the next public Build Version 2.04

I have not heard of typing in custom descriptions for every shot and only getting "BB" for every point in the CRD --- if you can duplicate the issue then you could contact support by emailing support@carlsonsw.com

If you can't duplicate it and you don't see it happen again it may have been specific to that job or that situation.
Artanian

Postby aquaticrobotic » Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:19 pm

:oops: I may have been a little harsh in my initial posts; I was pretty frustrated with the coding issue i experienced. I stand corrected, there are definite improvements. I do like the hotlist, the ability to localize to more than 10 points, and the leveling function is pretty damn cool too. I'm also excited to hear the cursor and beeping will be fixed in the next build. Thank you. Also, another little thing I would like to see is the AR, ZA, and SD information remain on the screen after storing a shot in Text Mode. I think I remember hearing myself say that to myself in my head today. Also, in version 1.64, I could never get OPUS to process the file when I initiated its collection through SurvCE. Am I doing something wrong? (Hiper PRO)
THANK YOU
Oh my look at the time.....gotta get packin
Bye bye
aquaticrobotic

hiper 2 opus

Postby tstrickland » Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:10 pm

For some reason in 1.6x the file gets tagged as kinematic, which is why opus won't process it. Workaround: Convert to rinex, or log by minter interface.
Terry Strickland
tstrickland

Postby aquaticrobotic » Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:41 am

Anyone get an error when selecting "Satellite Status" in Reciver Uilities. Something about can't retrieve glonass ?
edit: And while I'm thinking about it...Do the ALT shortcuts work for you in the side shot text mode?
aquaticrobotic

Return to SurvCE General