Aerial Base Map

Moderator: Carlson Support

Aerial Base Map

Postby db » Mon Apr 28, 2008 11:58 am

Has anyone added an aerial basemap to survce. I created a dxf with some linework and an aerial map. When I imported the dxf into survce, the linework shows up but not the aerial map. My aerial photo IS NOT an external reference in the dxf. It is directly pasted into the dxf. Anyway, looking for a technique that will work.
Thanks,
db
db

Postby Jason » Mon Apr 28, 2008 6:36 pm

For an image you will need a world file, JGW or TFW with the image that corresponds loaded on the collector. You then use tool-place image by world file. This should get it loaded.
Carlson Tech Support
606-564-5028
Support@carlsonsw.com
Jason
Site Admin

Postby db » Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:44 pm

Thanks. I tried to use the X-port program. I have a JPEG aerial photo. I am not sure how to scale it properly. When i loaded it in the explorer, it inserted in the correct spot, but IT was way to large. When I say IT, the photo did not load, but a dashed line of the boundary of the photo(image) was placed.
db

Postby Jason » Mon May 05, 2008 1:34 pm

You really need a world file with the image. If you use like terraserver-usa it has an option for save world file with the image. You may can save one and and check out the world file for the format and build your own but i would suggest using a program to get your images that makes the world files.
Carlson Tech Support
606-564-5028
Support@carlsonsw.com
Jason
Site Admin

Return to SurvCE General