Why must I go through backsight setup so many times??????

Moderator: Carlson Support

Why must I go through backsight setup so many times??????

Postby Clint S » Wed Sep 03, 2008 2:56 pm

I can't understand why I should ever have to go through the backsight setup unless I call it up :evil:
Honestly I am ready to smash this thing with a rock sometimes. Every time I exit to some cogo function I have to go through the backsight routine. Thank goodness for hot keys so at least inverses don't run me through the routine. Yes I have "prompt for station setup" turned off but still am going through BS setup an inordinate number of times a day.

What is the point of this.
Am I considered unable to setup my TS without constant reminders or am I doing something wrong.

(frustrated)
Clint S

Postby Jason » Fri Sep 05, 2008 4:39 pm

It's my understanding that if you have prompt for TS setup turned off it should never prompt you for it, unless its maybe the first setup on a job. What version are you running and with what total station?
Carlson Tech Support
606-564-5028
Support@carlsonsw.com
Jason
Site Admin

Postby Clint S » Mon Sep 08, 2008 2:52 pm

I'm running ver. 2.04 on Leica 1105 robotic and 402 ultra TS's.
Any time I exit store points to stake or use some other function I have to run through the BS routine for every menu choice. Once I have setup my gun shouldn't that be that last I ever have to see the BS routine unless I call it up to check a BS??
Clint S

Return to SurvCE General