Different Builds

Moderator: Carlson Support

Different Builds

Postby jeffmars1 » Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:10 pm

Is there a file to see what has been added and taken away or changed for each build of SurvCE? I have 2.07 and wondering what has changed since 2.00
jeffmars1

Postby tstrickland » Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:45 pm

Jeff,
This is normally in the release notes pdf that you can download from the Carlson SurvCE website. They appear to be a little behind, however, just show from 2.00 to 2.05. You can look at the improvements/ additions per release.

I am still using version 2.05. For some reason, I haven't been getting the emails for the updates, and I'm two versions behind. But on the other hand, I prefer to see what the changes are before upgrading.
Terry Strickland
tstrickland

Postby jeffmars1 » Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:07 pm

Thanks Terry
I think I am going to work a couple builds behind as well. I just installed 2.07 and it messed up a few things that were working fine on the previous build.
jeffmars1

Postby tstrickland » Wed Sep 24, 2008 5:22 pm

I'm using Topcon GPS, Robot, & TS with 2.05, and it's working pretty smooth. I downloaded 2.07 after reading your post, but haven't installed it yet. I will probably wait and see what the release notes say about it after they are updated.
Terry Strickland
tstrickland

Postby AUSTIN » Sun Oct 05, 2008 11:17 pm

How Hard can it be to prepare release notes for the versions ?

It's ridiculous that they are SO far behind, let alone the fact that they release them WITHOUT the release notes. Astoundingly unprofessional.

How hard can it be to dedicate someone for a day (max) to document the changes ??

I took a punt on v2.06 in August, as I was waiting for some important fixes.
(Since v1.67)
That punt cost us plenty of time as v2.06 rendered out RTK system useless.

Still waiting for the fixes, but not game to load v2.07.

We're SO over this saga.
We've provided detailed feedback on serious issues numerous times and have seen nothing worthwhile.

Like a number of other firms using SurvCE, we're now testing another product.
AUSTIN

Return to SurvCE General