Quitters never win...

Moderator: Carlson Support

Quitters never win...

Postby cujo » Sun Nov 16, 2008 6:28 am

I came across something on the light side today, while starting my in-depth evaluation of the roblems with v2.x of SurvCE... :)

If you select the Robotic Set style of Set Collection, then start your set, pointing out or searching for the FS points; once you've pointed to each one it asks something akin to, "Would you like to continue and collect the rest of the sets robotically?" The options are CONTINUE or CANCEL

Predicatably CONTINUE sets the gun in motion and it runs through that and all the remaining sets with little to no human intervention.

I figured that CANCEL must give me an option to do something differently. Nope, it just quits! :roll: No different than quitting anywhere else in themiddle of the set, which regrettably loses all work done to that point.

So after setting up the entire set, pointing out the location of each and every FS, it needs to ask, "Do you want to just quit now?"

Stay tuned, very shortly I'm going to show how v2.x does not store backsight check information in the raw file correctly, in fact it is so out of control I'm not sure what it is doing.

:shock:
Take care,

Rich

Carlson Survey 2010 Standalone
Allegro CX SurvCE 2.5
Leica 1203 Robots
Leica DNA Level
Sokkia SDL Levels
cujo

Return to SurvCE General