Current Manual in PDF format??

Moderator: Carlson Support

Current Manual in PDF format??

Postby Mitch » Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:29 pm

Hello. Just was inquiring about one thing.

When I first got my SurvCE, the printed manual was Vers 1.*. And some screens, like intersections were nothing like the Ver 2.03 I was running. So I downloaded the pdf and made sure I had a laptop with me to view it. I understand that they cannot distribute a new hard copy manual everytime they have an update. Anymore then I could afford to print one up each time. But a .PDF?

Current PDF was last updated June 06/07. Which was after 2.00 but before the release of 2.01. Could they not update the pdf at least with each patch to document the changes reflected. New equipment, set ups, screen changes etc? I don't think that would be much to ask, after all it is close to two years. And, in terms of software, thats almost ancient history.
Mitch

Postby site admin » Thu Mar 19, 2009 2:16 pm

site admin
Site Admin

Postby tstrickland » Thu Mar 19, 2009 3:14 pm

I suppose we can use the release notes in conjunction with the old manual.

Perhaps they will give us an updated manual with SurvCE 2.5, which is supposed to be released in a month or two.

I'm looking forward to the new release.
Terry Strickland
tstrickland

survce 2.0 help files

Postby Hwy_steve » Thu Mar 19, 2009 3:50 pm

I find this a very handy way to look up info. follow the download and install instructions for the help files. then whatever routine you are using in survce, just press the 'hardhat' and 'help' and it will give you info on the routine. there are also very easy to use tutorials at the end of the help files.

http://update.carlsonsw.com/kbase_main. ... pic_id=475
Hwy_steve

The above link

Postby Mitch » Thu Mar 19, 2009 5:26 pm

In regards to the link to the .PDF, when you open it you see the following.

Reference Manual
Revised: 6/07/2007

That is my point exactly. The PDF has not been updated in almost two years, and since the initial release of 2.0. Would updating the document, after the release of an update that has changes and not just bug fixes, be too much to ask?
Mitch

Return to SurvCE General