Station Equations

Moderator: Carlson Support

Station Equations

Postby ICS » Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:04 pm

We finally upgraded from v1.69 to v2.09 because we picked up a project that uses station equations. In fact, 2 of them. v2.09, we were told had station equation support. We thought, great! Get it!. So we did. We did alot of horizontal stake out and everything running just fine. Then we went to slope stake, We inputed station 100+00 and our elevations off the section file was off a tenth. After alot of break down and recalcs and compareing data back to the office, we discovered that station 100+00 was not the same staion 100+00 in teh office. When we manually scrolled thru the sections. station 100+00 was coming up at station 100+07.5 7.5' off. The 7.5' is the same difference that the 2 equations generated. Got ahold of Carlson to ask wahts up and finally found someone who had an answer: station equations only work in SOME of the functions of SurvCE. What kind of BS is that? Some of the functions? Does this mean I can only go out and survey some of my job? I'd get fired if I did just some of my job. If your going to support equations, you gotta support across the entired SurvCE program. Any ways. was sent a beta 2.30 to use. It was even worse then the v2.09. In areas where they did have equations working was messed up in the beta. Had to go back to v2.09. To get our staking done, we are having to use 3 CL alignments: one before the first equation, one from teh first to the second, and one after the second. All its goning to take is one surveyor to forget to cahnge alignments and that bridge, manhole, lightpole is in the wrong spot and/or the wrong grade. Carlson needs to get off their arses and give us full support to equations. They been around since alignements were first invented. Why are we jsut now seeing them in the field? We've had the power in the data collectors for years. When will we see a SurvCE with complet station equation support?
ICS

Postby ICS » Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:42 pm

Update on sports. We are now upto version 241.1.1 and station equations is still broken. Yes, they work in COGO but not in survey or roads. We have even sent Carlson the files so they can see whats happening yet they continue to send us 'fixes' and 'updates' that dont work. Does Carlson not even use my files for testing? For now we are having to use modified CL's with stationing that gets around equations, but it requires a CL before the frist equation, one for between the 2 equations and one after that last. This also requires that our surveyors stay on top of where they are so they can be using the correct CL. Its a pain. We paid for software that claimed to be able to use equations, but fail to tell you that it only works in part of their programs and messes things up in others. We paid good money for your product, now gives us what we paid for and you claim that it does.
ICS

Postby Mitch » Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:35 pm

Hello. I just wanted to point out, that I really don't think anyone from Carlson actually moniters this Discussion Group. If they did, I really dont think we would be able to get such great deals on shoes and dvds. It is mainly a forum where end users, such as us, can ask questions and try to get answers from each other.

I also would like to point out, that when ever I have sent an email to Carlson Support, I am usually answered promptly and within several hours. After the first reply, if I have any other questions, the service is instant.
Mitch

Postby ICS » Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:46 pm

I can say that Carlson does read these forums, cuz I did once get and email from support about something I had posted. Might have been a one time thing? It also bothers me to see ads in these forums and they do not get deleted, which implys, no one is watching the forums from Carlson.

I am in contact with several at Carlson about this equation problem, they are working on it. I just like to know if anyone else out there is also having problems using equations in teh ROADS part of SurvCE.
ICS

Return to SurvCE General