Backsight / Remote Elevations Problems V2.5

Moderator: Carlson Support

Backsight / Remote Elevations Problems V2.5

Postby ColC » Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:32 am

I cannot get remote elevation to work. I can select an existing point or enter an R.L. it takes the measurements , I get a report showing everything OK then when I accept I get an error saying "Invalid Data Error". I have checked all the settings I can find there are no Remote Elevations settings I can find.

When starting my Traverse I have a point to occupy and if I select a new point number to use as my backsight(no Coordinates at this stage) . I enter a Backsight Azimuth into the screen. When I proceed I am told there is no coordinate for by backsight do I wish to exit or continue. I continue , I set angle and read. The measurements are recorded on the screen OK with backsight now set and a measured distance appearing on the screen. When I go to exit the backsight screen it hangs up and I have to reboot the Surveyor+.

I cannot believe that these problems still exist after waiting almost twelve months for this upgrade. Am I Robinson Crusoe on these problems?
ColC

Postby ColC » Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:51 am

I solved the set Backsight problem and probably the source of the locking up. I am using a Sokkia 530r Total Station. I have been changing the configuration settings to get a bluetooth connection working. I had turned off the Xon Xoff setting on the Sokkia. There is no ability to change this in SurvCE . Obviously, I have found that it is incorrect to assume that this setting does not matter. When I turn the Xon XOFF settings on the instrument the backsight setting works find and no lock up as a result.

The setting was also affecting the check angle and check options. Both would cause a lock up. It also slowed the operation of the Surveyor+ . This caused a significant problem for me in the field today.

I was setting a backsight across a busy street. When I had accepted the second reading, it actually stored an angle 4 degrees and henced meaned the backsight angle. Consequently the setout azimuth displayed on the Surveyor was 2 degrees out. I did not realise until I set on of the points in an obviously incorrect position. It had me very concerned until I was able to reset the backsight.

Still having problems with remote elevation. any help would be appreciated.
ColC

Return to SurvCE General