SurvCe 2.5 & Static Files

Moderator: Carlson Support

SurvCe 2.5 & Static Files

Postby cjankowski » Tue May 11, 2010 2:38 pm

I recently upgraded from SuvCe 2.09 to 2.5. I use it with a Topcon Hiper+ system. I had to log some static files for the first time in several months. I have always logged the files thru survCe and have never had any issues doing this in 5 years.

Upon getting back and downloading the files Topcon Tools would not process them and told me they where an invalid file format. This was from my Rover files on the Hiper + as well as my base file on the GB-500.

I contacted Hayes Instrument and there support. I logged some test files
one using the minter on the Hiper +; one starting the file from Survce and stopping with the minter and one starting and stopping from survCE.

The only file I was able to open in Tools was the one started and stopped from the Minter. Hayes was able to open the second test file but not the last.

Hayes has sent the issue on to Topcon and Carlson and hopefully a quick and solid fix will be coming shortly.

In the mean time test your recievers if you plan on running static before you head out if you are running 2.5

I am and avid carlson fan and user but feel this is something that should have been found in the lab and not the field.

Cheyenne Jankowski
Jankowski Surveying
cjankowski

Postby sfd-surveytech » Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:11 am

Hey, I appreciate this piece of information!

I'm hoping to be collecting static data with both the base and rover soon and its good to be aware that this kind of problem might exist.

I have collected static data with only the base previously and haven't had any problems with converting the data from its native format to RINEX and then having it processed.

However that was only to get co-ordinates of one point and not trying to establish a base line between two known points or from a known to an unknown.

We use Altus recievers with a Carlson Surveyor.

Looking forward to hearing how the problem gets resolved.
sfd-surveytech

Postby tstrickland » Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:45 pm

SurvCE used to tag a flie as kinematic, which caused the problem. I don't know if this issue has been addressed or not. I always use the minter to start and stop static files, and don't have any problem with this method.
Terry Strickland
tstrickland

minter?

Postby sfd-surveytech » Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:46 pm

Hi, thanks for the reply, appreciate it.

Not sure what is meant by the term 'minter', could you please explain.

Thanks
sfd-surveytech

Postby tstrickland » Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:09 pm

The minter is the interface on the front of the Hiper units.
Mine is set up to log static files by pushing the FN button for a second or two.
Terry Strickland
tstrickland

Postby cjankowski » Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:16 pm

This issue has been fixed in one of the most recent updates. Don't remember version number.

It is working again though. I have used it a couple of time and have had no problems.

Not sure if it was just Topcon receivers or not. For some reason SurvCe was giving the files a bad header that Topcon tools would not accept.

Kudos to Carlson for getting it fixed.

Cheyenne Jankowski
Jankowski Surveying.
cjankowski

Return to SurvCE General