Sokkia GSR2700 ISX Unable to establish link with device

Moderator: Carlson Support

Sokkia GSR2700 ISX Unable to establish link with device

Postby LAFC » Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:43 pm

Recently, I've been trying to connect to an RTN using the NTRIP option under the RTK tab in the rover equipment settings. I'm using a bluetooth cell phone as a modem to connect my TDS Recon data collector to the internet. At first, I was using bluetooth on both the cell phone and the GPS rover, but received an autonomous position every time. I spoke with a technician that told me to connect my data collector to the rover with a cable instead. I did so and my settings are as follows:

Comms Tab
Type: Cable
Port: COM 2
Baud: 115200
Parity: None
Data: 8
Stop: 1

RTK Tab
Device: Data Collector Internet
Network: Ntrip
Port: COM 2
Baud: 115200

Now, I can change the Port under the RTK tab to COM 1 and still get the same error message whenever I click the green check. It tries to open the port and then reads 'Unable to establish link with device.' When I click to see more details it reads:
Connection not available
Unable to open COM 2
The specified network resource or device is no longer available.

Any idea as to why it's not picking up the port? My data collector can run the internet browser so I know it's not that. Can't think of too much more, thanks for any help in advance.
LAFC

Connecting to Sokkia

Postby Jim Miller » Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:41 pm

I have no trouble using Bluetooth to connect to my Sokkia GSR2700 ISX with a Surveyor+. Make sure that you are using separate XCOM ports in your Bluetooth setup. You need 2 separate ports to communicate. I used a cable connected to COM1 on the receiver with COM1 on the data collector. I used Bluetooth on XCOM2 for the other. This was with an older version. It should work just fine with 2.50 or better
Jim Miller
Boles Engineering
Opelika, AL
Jim Miller

Return to SurvCE General