WINDOWS XP HELP

Moderator: Carlson Support

WINDOWS XP HELP

Postby Jeff » Mon Mar 04, 2002 3:14 pm

Subject: c&g / autocad2002 / windows xp

Jeff,
Still having trouble
1) can dump from pc to data collector but not from data collector to pc
2) cannot keep highlight and blipmode active..this must be a c&g problem because they stay on in Carlson & Eagle Point
These are two of the many proplems that keep appearing in Windows XP antone solved these out there? Tips to try
Jeff

Re: WINDOWS XP HELP

Postby Wayne Anderson » Tue Mar 05, 2002 2:32 am

This is not "JUST A WINDOWS XP PROBLEM."
I have the same problems in windows 98. Another problem, I can't refresh points.
IMHO I think that someone jumped the gun in putting C & G 2002 on the market so fast.
I don't think that we are getting the support we deserve for the money we pay
Wayne Anderson

Postby Lester » Wed Mar 06, 2002 11:08 pm

Wayne,
Seems to me that a lot has been put into the C&G windows product the last few years, but those of us who have been using the ACAD product for years (myself since 1992) have been put in the back of the line for updates and support. Now that C&G has merged with Carlson, who knows what is in store for us. I have looked at other COGO programs, including Carlson, and I still think that C&G has the best package for a surveying firm. I just hope that things will get better, but I've been hoping that for a while now. I have held off updating my C&G just because of what I am hearing from people about problems such as yours. Sure hope things get better
Lester

Postby Donald Morrison » Wed Mar 13, 2002 1:00 pm

Wayne have you seen the new CG-Survey for AutoCAD 2000/2002. There are several enhancements to the CG-AutoCAD product. The menu layout is much improved, the Raw Data, Map Check & Earthwork editors are now Windows spread sheet editors instead of the old DOS shell. We have included some Carlson features and in general the CG-Acad runs much smother than before. These enhancements are because of the merger with Carlson. Several of the old C&G guys have come back to C&G because of our confidence in what C&G and Carlson can do together. Give me a call if you have a chance
Donald Morrison

Return to C&G