import points in conjuncture with Field to Finish issues

Moderator: Carlson Support

import points in conjuncture with Field to Finish issues

Postby todbiker » Mon May 10, 2010 5:53 pm

When I don't need to use RW5 files, I just want to import an ascii file. You have a pulldown within the import points with three options with regards to Carlson drawing anything, draw nothing, draw-locate points, & field to finish. When I pick Field to Finish, sometimes Carlson only draws a portion of the imported file. You can also create a point group of the imported file which is handy to partition seperate days of work or multiple crews work. It seems like you have to run field to finish before hand to make sure it points to the Field to Finish file you prefer and make sure the range of points says "all" and then cancel out of the operation. Then you can import the ascii file with the Field to Finish draw option checked and get everything drawn. There are no prompts to change things around with F2F when it's picked within the importing points menu. Am I missing something?.....
todbiker

Postby eakers » Thu May 20, 2010 4:08 pm

I don't use field to finish. I just set up my field code table. Then I go under Points, Point Defaults. In the upper right corner "Use Field to Finish", I have the top 3 checked. Everytime, I just Draw Locate Points. It works for me whether I draw from a .crd or import ascii.
eakers

Return to Survey