Field to Finish Point Layers

Moderator: Carlson Support

Field to Finish Point Layers

Postby phoongod » Tue May 18, 2010 3:57 pm

I'm in the process of setting up a Field to Finish library for my work and I've run into a problem I was hoping someone could help me with.

For any given code I would like to draw the symbol on one layer, and the point (node) and description (attributes) on another. Within the definition of a given code, I am able to check the box "Distinct Point Layer" and type in a different layer for the point to be drawn on. The only problem is when I have this box selected, it draws everything (including the symbol) on that layer and nothing is drawn on the "Main Layer". What am I doing wrong?

Currently running Carlson 2010 with embedded autocad.
phoongod

Postby emorse4487 » Tue May 18, 2010 7:11 pm

This is an example of a f2f code that puts symbols on a unique later. Click the "Set" button and choose your unique layers for the symbol.

Let me know if this helps.

Eric J. Morse, P.E.
MEC Industries, LLC
emorse4487

Postby phoongod » Wed May 19, 2010 4:34 pm

Eric!

You saved my life, thank you, it was giving me a major headache and the answer was right in front of my face. Thanks for taking the time to help me out, I really appreciate it.
phoongod

Postby emorse4487 » Thu May 20, 2010 2:42 pm

Glad it worked out... It took me a while to figure out how to get f2f to work the way I wanted it to so I understand the headaches.

-Eric
Eric J. Morse, P.E.
MEC Industries, LLC
emorse4487

Return to Survey