F2F generic field code with custom attributes

Moderator: Carlson Support

F2F generic field code with custom attributes

Postby Surveyor_Tim » Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:07 pm

We are using custom attributes on all our block in F2F for each of our field codes. Sometimes the field crews do not use the field codes that are in our list. Can we set up a code in F2F that will catch all of the none standard field codes and use a generic block to bring in the custom attributes?

Or do I just need to drill it into the field crews heads that they can't be making stuff up :)
Surveyor_Tim

F2F Code List

Postby jhenning » Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:37 pm

Actually, what you can do is use the default field code to your advantage. In the field code library that you are using edit the field code default to create a point group called bad codes so that when carlson does pick these up upon using field to finish you can tell it to apply default settings to unrecognized codes and it will dump those point into that group. Then you can go to edit points and filter by the bad codes point group and make your fixes without having to find them yourself. Hope this helps!
jhenning

Re: F2F generic field code with custom attributes

Postby Dent Cermak » Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:36 pm

Surveyor_Tim wrote:We are using custom attributes on all our block in F2F for each of our field codes. Sometimes the field crews do not use the field codes that are in our list. Can we set up a code in F2F that will catch all of the none standard field codes and use a generic block to bring in the custom attributes?

Or do I just need to drill it into the field crews heads that they can't be making stuff up :)

THAT is the best answer, unless you want to make an entry for every possible "bad code".
Field To Finish is a GREAT tool, but it will NEVER work unless you get the field crews to cooperate and do thier part.
Point out to them that if the code stuff is done right, then MUCH time is saved. Saved time equals MORE profits. MORE profits equals BIGGER pay raises. (You just have to put it on a level they can relate to. Remember MONEY talks, drafters walk.)
Dent Cermak

Postby Surveyor_Tim » Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:14 pm

I was able to create a code using an asterix. It catches all the codes that are not in the list. It's still better when the crew gets it correct, but I'm not loosing info now.
Surveyor_Tim

Return to Survey