Carlson XML issues

Moderator: Carlson Support

Carlson XML issues

Postby David A. Dwyer PLS » Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:51 pm

I send my Carlson dwg and an XML file including the tin to an engineer with Auto Cad LDD 2004, The engineer is having a shift issue of 6.22' when he uses this XML file. I cannot figure this out. Has anyone else had this issue and is there a solution
Regards
David
David A. Dwyer PLS

Postby emorse4487 » Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:04 pm

After testing this out, I am also getting a shift in XML file between Carlson 2010 and LDD3 (both ways). I can't identify the problem either... If you are still experiencing problems I would give the Carlson help a call and see if they can figure it out as there does seem to be some problems here.

-Eric
Eric J. Morse, P.E.
MEC Industries, LLC
emorse4487

Postby Dent Cermak » Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:42 pm

I think what you will find is that this is an AutoCad problem. The MAJOR changes that started with LDD2008 have created backward compatibility issues between the AutoCad products.
Dent Cermak

Postby phoongod » Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:13 pm

We had a similar problem when we sent an XML file to an Civil 3D User. The problem had to do with US Survey Foot vs. International Foot: By default Civil 3d ASSUMES that the XML file is in Int. Feet.

Usually this doesn't cause a noticeable difference, but if your project is in state plane coords it can cause a sizable translation. We were able to fix the issue by changing the import settings on the Civil 3d User so that it would assume XML files were in US Survey Feet.
phoongod

Return to Survey