Drawing 1

Moderator: Carlson Support

Drawing 1

Postby Dent Cermak » Fri Oct 08, 2010 6:54 pm

Way back when I started in AutoCad I was plagued with this ding-dang Drawing 1 mess. There was a way to turn it off. Make it go away. Seems like it was a setting under MAP.
Now I am on Carlson Survey 2010 Standalone and this critter has returned. Is there a way to do away with Drawing 1? Turn it off, or whatever?
Dent Cermak

Postby SurvTech31 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:36 pm

I didn't turn off my drawing1, but I did change what template was opened upon starting up Carlson. I had to modify a file called scjstart.ini. (I highly recommend making a copy of this file before attempting to modify it). The file is located:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Carlson Software\Carlson Survey 2010

and can be modified in Notepad. I modified the fifth line "Template=MyTemplate.dwt" to open up my template, contain all my layers, etc. Not sure if any other modifications to this file can get the results you want, but at the very least you can change the file that opens.
SurvTech31

Postby jhenning » Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:23 pm

The location of the selection for default template is located under the options of the update manager. Upon installing the software, the shortcut for the update manager is not included on the desktop. To find this, right click the carlson survey icon and select open file location. Upon entering this folder you will see a shortcut for check online updates. You may run it from here but usually I make a copy of it on my desktop. Click the update icon and then select options. Select your template through the browse button for the template name. Then you must rename the launch folder by removing the "/Work" from the end of the file location, then click ok. Not much easier than the other method, and it really does not make any sense at all why this is located under the update manager, but still a method that seems to work.
jhenning

Postby SurvTech31 » Fri Dec 17, 2010 9:06 pm

I do not seem to have a 'open file location' option when I right click on the Carlson Survey icon. Are you aware of another way to access this option? I unsuccesfully looked for the update manager before, which is what lead me to finding the method above.
SurvTech31

Postby jhenning » Fri Dec 17, 2010 9:26 pm

It will be located under C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Carlson Software\Carlson Survey 2010 in Windows XP and
C:\ProgramData\Carlson Software\Carlson Survey 2010 under Windows 7 or Vista.
jhenning

Postby SurvTech31 » Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:40 pm

Nice! Thanks.
SurvTech31

Return to Survey