Points not recognized by Carlson Software

Moderator: Carlson Support

Points not recognized by Carlson Software

Postby JTalmageC » Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:16 pm

I am creating shapefiles for our GIS system, we are now running Survey 2010. When I draw/locate points, screen pick, give an elevation and description, then try to export that pont with the GIS data I have given it, the command stops short with an error message reading: " Cannot find any Carlson Software entities in this selection! Please try again" :roll:

How can Carlson not find its own entities when I trying to create a shapefile.

I have no problem exporting polylines as shapefile in the same drawing, BTW. :?

Thanks in advance,

JTalmageC
JTalmageC

Postby Dent Cermak » Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:54 pm

Look under the "Settings" pull down tab/ Carlson Configure/ General Settings. Look under Object Linking on the right side of the pulldown menu. Be sure you have checked "Link points with CRD file" AND "Link linework with points".
I think that will fix your problem.
Dent Cermak

Postby JTalmageC » Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:57 pm

I tried changing the setting and it still won't recognize the point symbol. I have used this before and know that it works. We upgraded from 2008 to 2010 a couple months ago so maybe there is still a setting missing?
JTalmageC

Postby Dent Cermak » Fri Oct 15, 2010 6:32 pm

The only other thing I can think of is for you to go under POINTS and update the CRD file from the drawing. Perhaps the created points haven't made it to the CRD file yet?
I'm on 2010 also and have noticed that the GIS section is VERY squirrelly. Sometimes mine works, sometimes it doesn't. :x
Dent Cermak

wholesale good and cheap nfl jerseys!

Postby lxxsumi8 » Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:02 am

i am very interested in your post, thanks, i bring you high quality nfl jerseys with cheap price, want a suprise? go to nfl jerseys ! Don't miss it!

---

miles austin jerseys,michael vick jerseys,peyton manning jerseys,brett favre jerseys
lxxsumi8

Return to Survey