New to Carlson, having a big f2f problem

Moderator: Carlson Support

New to Carlson, having a big f2f problem

Postby lugeyser » Sun Mar 27, 2011 5:45 pm

Hi all,

I am new to Carlson, and am testing the field to finish on a rather large Waterline project. I am having problems with it connecting points I do not intend for it to connect. For instance I am crossing 3 bridges. My bridge code is 203. In the rw5 file i edit the codes to read

203 +
203 CLO

it will not close the bridge, but in fact the fourth shot will connect to the first shot of the next bridge 2000 feet away.

I am not sure if this is a problem with the way I field coded the information, or a setting in the edit codes screen. Either way I need help.
lugeyser

Postby Dent Cermak » Sun Mar 27, 2011 5:57 pm

Do you have your soecial code set for "BEGIN" to be just a "+"? You can set it to anything, but I think the default is "+7".
Also make sure your system is set up for alphanumeric values.
Dent Cermak

I changed it to a B

Postby lugeyser » Sun Mar 27, 2011 6:40 pm

and when that didn't work, i went back and edited the raw again, approx. 2200pts worth to read a +7 at the beginning and a -7 at the end. I changed it all in the settings too.

I don't know anything about the alphanumeric setting you mentioned...where would i find that.

All my education thus far has come from the webinars available and the manual.
lugeyser

i apologize

Postby lugeyser » Sun Mar 27, 2011 6:46 pm

The first code is

203 +7
203 CLO

I typed it wrong since my numlock was off.
lugeyser

Postby Dent Cermak » Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:43 pm

I may be off on what I am looking at. Using numeric values for descriptor code is what is throwing me. I know a lot of people do that, but I have never used such a system.
If you have the Field To Finish codes set up that 203 is the bridge linework and what layer to put it on and what linetype, etc. what you are showing should work.
Somewhere, the program is not understanding your numeric code. Where though is the problem.
Are you using the actual F2F setup or are you just checking the "Use F2F for linework" in the points setup? Either way, this should work unless there is a conflict between the 2 settings.
There's one small, seemingly insignificant, setting we are missing somewhere.
At this point I would suggest an email to the Carlson support crew. They should be able to help you quicker than I can.
Dent Cermak

Postby lugeyser » Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:26 pm

i was just taking the f2f file that was the default, plugging my info in and doing a save as to one of my own. I could email you the dwg file, crd file and fld file so you could take a look, but carlson support is probably the way to go.

I am also having a problem where I am using certain codes for 3d polylines and just putting them on a Surface layer. I am seeing lines created in places where i shot NO points. This is driving me crazy.

I think I'm at the end of what I can figure out on my own. Do you have email for carlson support? Thanks
lugeyser

Postby Dent Cermak » Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:44 pm

Dent Cermak

Return to Survey