REGEN

Moderator: Carlson Support

REGEN

Postby T Shields » Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:56 pm

We have found that if we have a drawing open and we open a second drawing, when we return to the first drawing that we had open, we have to REGEN all viewports in our acitve layout.

Similarly, if we publish a drawing, when the publishing is complete and we return to our drawing, we have to REGEN our active layout.

Not sure if they are similar issues, but seem to be. Don't loose any data and isn't a major issue, just leads one to think that there is an underlying stability issue.

Wondering if anyone else has experienced this.

"WE" are running standalone Carlson 2013 on mulitple machines, and this occurs on each one.

Thanks in advance for any insight.
T Shields

Re: REGEN

Postby Dent Cermak » Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:17 pm

Look under the SETTINGS tab for "AutoCAD Options". Go to the "System" tab and look for thr "Layout Regen Options" selection set. One reads "Regen when switching layouts".
Also type REGENAUTO on the command line and make sure that variable is set to ON.
Dent Cermak

Postby T Shields » Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:26 pm

Tried both and no luck.
T Shields

Postby Dent Cermak » Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:11 pm

I'm still back on Survey2010 Standalone w/ Embedded AutoCAD and every now and then I'll do something and a lot of stuff doesn't showup. A quick regen sets everything back like it should be. This doesn't happen very often, but it does occur. (I really think it's a short coming of the AutoCAD kernal.)
Anyway my fix has been to set up "N" as a quick key for regen and just get in the habit of using my quick keys to regen the drawing. It's an occasional extra step but until AutoDesk plays better with others, it may be our only option.
Dent Cermak

Postby T Shields » Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:21 pm

Yes it is more of an annoyance than anything else. And we've all already conditioned to expect this result (and in the 2013 edition it seems that this occurs all the time).

I like the idea of a quick key, however, no one here has figured out how to create quick keys in 2013.
T Shields

Postby Dent Cermak » Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:14 pm

Dent Cermak

Postby SurvTech31 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:11 pm

I have encountered the same thing. I talked with tech support about it and they said they are "aware of and working on it" for what it is worth.
SurvTech31

Return to Survey