Aliquot Land

Moderator: Carlson Support

Aliquot Land

Postby rlfultz1985 » Tue May 14, 2013 12:22 pm

Does anyone know of a quick way to use Carlson to deed plot aliquot land in Public Land Survey states? For example, is there a tool that will quickly draw up the NE 1/4 of the SW 1/4 of Section X? Right now we use a block and just draw in the pieces accordingly, but my boss is looking for a more automated solution. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!
rlfultz1985

Re: Aliquot Land

Postby Dent Cermak » Wed May 15, 2013 12:42 pm

If you stop and think about it, there are WAY too many variables to make this an automated process. Two parcels exactly alike is rather rare. As you lay out certain individual tracts, you could save those as individual blocks for future use with a unique parcel name. That woukd keep you from redrawing that parcel each time you use it, but you will need one heck of a hard disc to store that data.
While never redrawing the same line twice is an ultimate goal, redrawing such parcels are just the nature of the beast.
Dent Cermak

Re: Aliquot Land

Postby rlfultz1985 » Thu May 16, 2013 1:49 pm

Thanks, Dent. That's kind of the thinking I had as well. I knew it might be a long shot, but glad to know that I just wasn't missing something in the software. Cheers!
rlfultz1985

Return to Survey