SCALELISTEDIT

Moderator: Carlson Support

SCALELISTEDIT

Postby T Shields » Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:01 pm

I can no longer get the dialog box to open when I enter the command "SCALELISTEDIT" or if I attempt to open from OPTIONS/USER PREFERENCES/DEFAULT SCALE LIST. It seems that the program attempts to open but gets hung up. Have to hit the ESC key to get the program to be responsive again.

Any help is appreciated
T Shields

Re: SCALELISTEDIT

Postby Dent Cermak » Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:24 pm

Not being able to select or set the proper scale list has been a problem generated by AutoDesk since the release of Survey 2010 w/embedded AutoCad. Just one of those things that AutoDesk decided not to let Carlson have in its "kernal".
I think it's because the AutoDesk Experts do not know what a representative fraction is.
Just like they do not know that there are no such things a "major" and "minor" contours. They do not know the correct nomenclature, so they just make up stuff.
Dent Cermak

Postby T Shields » Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:31 pm

Any idea as to why it has been working fine, but all of a sudden it stops functioning?

Other versions of the program in the office still are able to perform the function, but apparently I'm the lucky one for it to stop working for....
T Shields

Postby Dent Cermak » Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:24 pm

Are you using Survey w/embedded AutoCad or do you have Survey loaded on top of AutoCad?? Which release? 2013??
If you are using the embedded version, I would suggest reloading the software.
Dent Cermak

Postby T Shields » Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:34 pm

Embedded 2013
T Shields

Postby Dent Cermak » Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:34 pm

Then this is a "fix" they added since 2010 and that is a good thing.
"Burps" like this can happen at anytime in any software. Data written to a bad sector on a hard disk, an operation that does not reset some default or the computer gods are just pizsed at you. Who knows.
Best fix is to reinstall the software. Easiest way is to download the latest version off this web site and install it. There is a "how to" discussion here if you have not done this before. It's a little scarey, but it works and usually you lose no files in the process.
Dent Cermak

Return to Survey