F2F

Moderator: Carlson Support

F2F

Postby Streek » Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:11 pm

Carlson Survey 2013 w/embedded

I am attempting to set up a simple, basic F2F. Using just a block (a square).

I've made the block a symbol, I've edited my .fld file to include my (only) description (SAN_SRV), and added the symbol.
But when the points come in, there is no symbol (the SAN_SRV block), there is a point symbol, I use #2, a circle w/ an X. But no block.

I must be in "ACAD mindset", there you could insert any block, with any description, onto any layer. Am I wrong to think that Carlson can do this?

TIA.
Streek

Re: F2F

Postby Dent Cermak » Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:56 pm

Carlson does it, IF you have crossed all the "i"s and dotted all the "t"s.
Did you add your block to the Symbol Library. Go to SETTINGS, then down to SYMBOL LIBRARY and add the symbol. I believe that all symbols used bt F2F must be in the Symbol Library.
Dent Cermak

Postby Streek » Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:29 pm

Yes, and I checked PROCESSING ON

I just knew it would be an "I"or a "T" :oops:

I'll keep checking!
Streek

Postby Dent Cermak » Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:42 pm

OOH!! OOH!! I KNOW!! I KINOW!! :shock: :shock: :shock:
Had it happen to me a few months back. Everything came in except my symbols!! Drove me crazy(ier!!). Called Carlson Support and they told me that my F2F file was corrupted. It happens from time to time they said.
Now, this is one of those "fixes" that you are not going to believe. It's like loading the latest version of Carlson and erasing something that will make you nervous, bit I SWEAR that I am not messing with you or trying to screw you up.
Go to your Carlson Software\Carlson Survey20**\R20**\enu\USER folder and look for a file called "fld2fin.ini". (This is an *.ini file and is rewritten each time you open a drawing, so the next step is not fatal!!) ERASE that file. Restart your software and try F2F again. All should work now.
Dent Cermak

Postby Streek » Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:07 pm

My directory tree is WAY different than yours, but I was able to locate the file on my computer. I deleted it AND.....

damn it, no symbols (except the point symbol)

There must be more hidden dialog boxes and settings that I haven't discovered yet.
Streek

Postby Dent Cermak » Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:21 pm

There is only ONE thing that I can think of, AutoCad will let you use the underscore bar in layer names, but does not like it in many other planes. Try redefining your F2F set up and your block without the _ underscore and see if that works.
Dent Cermak

Return to Survey