Linetypes not working

Moderator: Carlson Support

Linetypes not working

Postby mark baker » Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:25 pm

I use Carlson Survey 2007 StandAlone. I am working on a particular drawing and when I draw lines in a particular layer like "Easements" which should draw a dashed line. I only get a solid line. This is the case in every layer such as O/H Power Lines. Any help would be appreciated. My drawing scale is correct, 1"=100'.
mark baker

Re: Linetypes not working

Postby Dent Cermak » Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:02 pm

"List" the line. Does the linetype show as "continuous"? Make sure that all your settings and layer set-ups ar set to draw "bylayer". If you have the layer for easements set to a dashed linetype and you are set to draw everything "bylayer" it should all work.
Make sure you have your "MODIFY" tool bar turned on. At the right hand end of that tool bar are 3 selection windows that control color, line type and line width. Make sure all 3 are set to "bylayer".
Dent Cermak

Re: Linetypes not working

Postby mark baker » Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:45 pm

The line type was set to "by layer" and so it should have been dashed for easement O/H for Overhead Power and a lines with x for fences. What I did was open a new drawing and used clipboard to copy everything from the original drawing to the new drawing and used "paste to original coordinates". Everything works right in the new drawing. Thanks for your time.

MB
mark baker

Return to Survey