F2F - Unfamiliar codes going on current layer

Moderator: Carlson Support

F2F - Unfamiliar codes going on current layer

Postby CMB » Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:24 pm

Is there any way to tell F2F where to put unrecognized codes? If a code is misspelled or just a wrong code, when I process it, it is currently coming in on the current layer. Is there anyway to have it go to a specific layer?
CMB

Re: F2F - Unfamiliar codes going on current layer

Postby gskelhorn » Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:02 am

I don't use the stand-alone version but F2F is likely the same. Here is the bit from the 2019 Help file:

Use the default settings for this point: This option draws a point in the "MISC" layer with no linework. To set your own default, define a code called "SC_DFLT".

Use default settings for all undefined codes: This option will draw all undefined codes in the "MISC" layer by default or a user specified layer as defined in the "SC_DFLT" code. A good way to check the data file for unmatched descriptions is to use the Print Table command and choose the Data Points and Distinct Code options. This command will print the different codes in the data file and identify any undefined codes.

I often use the Report Codes function to identify the unknown codes (whew! hard to draw freehand on the laptop):
Capture1.PNG

Capture2.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
gskelhorn

Return to Survey