Intellicad vs. AutoCAD

Moderator: Carlson Support

Intellicad vs. AutoCAD

Postby cujo » Wed Nov 05, 2008 2:56 am

I moved over to Carlson as my company grew based on price first. One of the main reasons I selected Carlson over competitors was the embedded AutoCAD engine. Despite promises of compatbaility, previous trials of other AutoCAD-compatible software had left me vexed as certain files from my AutoCAD clients would have isues. :evil:

Can Intellicad users, past and current with CS2009 give me any indication as to success working with AutoCAD files from their clients? Mine are generally using LandDesktop of Civil-Survey 3D. Any issues with objects, items, formats, etc? :?:
Take care,

Rich

Carlson Survey 2010 Standalone
Allegro CX SurvCE 2.5
Leica 1203 Robots
Leica DNA Level
Sokkia SDL Levels
cujo

Postby Fazekas » Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:59 pm

We have had a problem opening CAD files, but we found if we removed any attached images or xrefs it would open fine.
Fazekas

Intellicad Issues

Postby cujo » Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:30 am

I'm not excited to hear that. Hardly any files provided by my clients don't include a serious handful of external references.

Is this experience shared by others? Can IntelliCAD only reliably handle simple AutoCAD drawings without xrefs or images?

I'd rather stay with the old version for as long as possible if that's the case...
Take care,

Rich

Carlson Survey 2010 Standalone
Allegro CX SurvCE 2.5
Leica 1203 Robots
Leica DNA Level
Sokkia SDL Levels
cujo

Postby ICS » Wed Jan 21, 2009 6:16 pm

We are just in the process of switching over to Intellicad and am interested in learning from others about problems switching over from Autocad to Intellicad. I checked the xref issue that Fazekas has and we too have that. The xref files are listed as Not Found, yet the Saved path name is correct. When i go in and manually add the path, then all is fine, but you have to do that for every xref file and all sub-xref files. Strange how the saved path is correct and listed, yet Intellicad is not Intelligent enough to read that path name. We have xref files that have huge trees on them of sub-xfiles that can do very deep. And fixing all these is a pain.
ICS

Postby ICS » Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:56 pm

Follow up: Just did alot of experimenting and talking with Carlson support. Discovered that files with xref's will not load the xref if the layer it is on is OFF or FROZEN. Once the layer is ON/THAWED, then the xref is loaded and shown.
ICS

Postby briensmith19 » Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:33 pm

IntelliCAD is a CAD-software programming toolkit and API published by the IntelliCAD Technology Consortium. IntelliCAD aims to emulate the basic interface and functions of AutoCAD. Unlike typical CAD programs, ITC IntelliCAD is not sold directly to end users. ITC IntelliCAD is exclusively licensed to Consortium members who pay fees in exchange for permission and guidance to include IntelliCAD technology in final OEM "IntelliCAD" products with their own end user license agreements.

Thanks,

fun things to do in chicago

sleepwear for women
briensmith19

Postby Dent Cermak » Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:51 pm

REALLY!! Dadgummit, the things you learn here!! I would NEVER have guessed!! :shock:
Dent Cermak

Return to Survey