barscale still backwards

Moderator: Carlson Support

barscale still backwards

Postby GPSMAN » Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:33 pm

I let the latest update 2/17 install it's self.
The barscale is still backwards???
GPSMAN

Postby emorse4487 » Sat Feb 28, 2009 3:16 pm

Carlson BARSCALE works fine for me...

Any reason why you don't just create your own blocks and be done with it?

-Eric
Eric J. Morse, P.E.
MEC Industries, LLC
emorse4487

barscale backwards

Postby bham4ever » Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:52 pm

I have the same problem with the bar scale

Was there something in a update that did this?
"Never say Never"
bham4ever

fixed scale bar

Postby bham4ever » Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:15 pm

After installing the last full version update the scalebar is working correctly.
"Never say Never"
bham4ever

Re: Reversed Barscale

Postby todbiker » Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:34 pm

I still have this issue as well. If it was solved by a major update that required re-installation of Carlson, that's probably why my it's not fixed on my machine. Patch updates are fine, but unless there's some major benefits from a complete re-install beyond a fixed barscale, we lose a lot of customized settings during the process that make it production prohibitive. I don't know if it's our IT department's lack of know-how dealing with transferring settings or the software is lacking in this respect.
Long story short, creating your own as suggested by emorse4487 is certainly a solution, I just used the mirror command on the reversed Carlson barscale with success. As to why not create your own blocks,... isn't that one reason, why we all purchased Carlson, to not have to create our own basic plan production blocks?...
Speaking of which, does anyone from Carlson ever respond to any of these postings? I've never gotten a reply from them on any of my postings?
todbiker

Postby tstrickland » Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:14 pm

todbiker,
Carlson doesn't monitor this board much, it is primarily provided for user interaction, but occasionally they will check in. If it's an issue where you need a quick answer, support is the way to go. Sometimes posts will remain unanswered here for days or weeks.

fwiw, I haven't had any issues with a mirrored barscale. However, after inserting a barscale, when red-opening the drawing, I get a proxy info dialog box that says an ObjectARX application is missing (Aecclandd50). I have tried downolading the object enablers, but it doesn't resolve it. It's more of a nuisance than anything, unlike a backwards bar scale.
Terry Strickland
tstrickland

Postby ColC » Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:48 pm

The barscale provided is not suitable for metric drawings. If you place a barscale in a metric drawing it takes up a large part of your drawing, if the scale it by0.3048 then it is proportionally correct in size but no longer to scale. I have previously made my own but I have to remember to copy it across to the correct directory when I do a full on upgrade. I have reported it to support, but like a lot of the small issues they are slow to be rectified.

However, it does import right way up.
ColC

Return to Survey