VISTA PROBLEMS

Moderator: Carlson Support

VISTA PROBLEMS

Postby panhead » Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:43 pm

I am having problems with VISTA Ultimate when I go to save a drawing it locks right up. Any ideas?
panhead

Postby emorse4487 » Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:19 pm

This happened to us as well. We haven't had any of these issues running XP so the new Workstations were loaded with XP Pro. Another guy on here recommended increasing the Virtual memory on your machine, it might be worth while to try...
Eric J. Morse, P.E.
MEC Industries, LLC
emorse4487

Postby bhammer » Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:05 pm

What version of Carlson Software are you running? Are you attempting to save to a local or network drive?
bhammer

Postby panhead » Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:34 pm

We got it figured out. When carlson saves a drawing it looks for all of the printers to save their settings too. Well earlier in the morning I turn off a printer (it was out of paper and beeping at me). Turned the printer on and work fine.
panhead

Postby ICS » Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:50 pm

I have had this problem off and on forever with intellacad and vista. The latest release of Intellicad 6.6.62.6 is the worse; locks up on every save. It would save my file but i lose all controll after that. I could type in commands but they wouldnt run. I have to use the task manager to abort Carlson and restart. Any fresh ideas out there?
ICS

Postby ColC » Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:05 pm

I have problems with the latest version of 2010 and I am running XP. It is not just saves that cause the problem. I have had to use task manager 3-4 times a day to get out of the program then I have to go and get the most recent back up file and re-do work I had previously done.

It seems to me it is related to the loading of info when the program starts. Also when I run F2F finish it does not find the special linetypes like SLASH which I use for fencing. I have to go and find a lin file with the linetype loaded.
ColC

Return to Survey