Auto Update

Moderator: Carlson Support

Auto Update

Postby techs » Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:10 pm

I thought there was an auto update at one time? If there is could someone tell me how to turn it back on? And even if there isn't one I don't know how to tell if the newest patch is newer than the build I currently have or if I need to download and install a patch.
techs

Re: Auto Update

Postby Ludeman » Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:31 pm

techs wrote:I thought there was an auto update at one time? If there is could someone tell me how to turn it back on? And even if there isn't one I don't know how to tell if the newest patch is newer than the build I currently have or if I need to download and install a patch.

The autoupdater runs on mine now and then, but it always says no updates are available. It says that even if I launch it manually and I'm two builds behind what is listed on the downloads page. The only way I know if I need to update is to check the file date on Carlson 2010 on the downloads page.
Ludeman

Postby techs » Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:05 pm

Well that's fine I can download the update manually but I don't know how to tell if my build is the up to date version or not.
techs

Postby tstrickland » Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:53 pm

Techs,
Go to Help > about Carlson Survey,
The build date is on the first line.
Terry Strickland
tstrickland

Postby techs » Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:20 am

Yeah sure its as easy as that but the date doesn't correspond to Carlson's DL page...

Crap I forgot! Year,Month,Day.

Thanks for telling me to look one more time. That's all I needed to jump start my brain.
techs

Return to Survey