not a valid win32 application

Moderator: Carlson Support

Postby nlabedzki » Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:23 pm

When I try to right click on a dwg in a folder and right click, Open With Carlson Survey 2010 with IntelliCAD 6.6, I get this error message: not a valid win32 application
I am running MS Windows XP Professional, Version 2002, Service Pack 3. Is there anything I can do, besides the Old Fashion way of opening the program Carlson Survey 2010 and then finding the dwg, and opening it?
Nicholas F. Labedzki, B.S., PLS
nick@nflsm.com
nlabedzki

Postby site admin » Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:35 pm

The best way to open a file is to open the program first to be sure that the menus and profile are loaded correctly.

However, if this is something you wish to do, are you (when going to "Open with") clicking on Carlson Application or going to "Choose Program" at the bottom and then choosing one from the list there?

Which program was the drawing created in?
site admin
Site Admin

Postby nlabedzki » Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:09 pm

Hi bharris,

How do I make sure that the Menus and Profiles are loaded correctly?

When I "Open with" clicking on Carlson Application or going to "Choose Program" at the bottom and then choosing one from the list there and select Carlson Software Application. The first time I did this Carlson Survey 2009 opened the second time I did this and my Carlson Survey 2008. This was pretty strange.

The program was created in Carlson Survey 2010 IntelliCAD 6.6. And as previously stated when I select this when doing an Open With, the win32 error screen pops up.

Thanks for your prompt response.
nick@nflsm.com
nlabedzki

Postby site admin » Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:38 pm

Nick,

Please copy this information to an email and forward to support@carlsonsw.com so I can include one of our programmers on this. Thank you.
site admin
Site Admin

Postby nlabedzki » Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:21 pm

Thanks, I just forwarded this info to your tech support team.
nick@nflsm.com
nlabedzki

Return to Survey