Problem printing

Moderator: Carlson Support

Problem printing

Postby Surveyorshawn » Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:26 pm

When I try to print, whether on a printer or to pdf, the lines do not look like the drawing at all, but some are dark and some are very light, almost hard to see. This goes for text as well. It is even happening with lines of the same layer and weight. I am not having this problem with any other software, including my old Carlson with built-in ACAD
Surveyorshawn

Postby ColC » Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:20 pm

Your not on your own. I have managed to get some results by un selecting Scale Lineweights (Layouts Only). I think this command is operating in reverse.

I also swap between Embedded to plot sometimes and I have to make several changes to get the right result.

The default lineweight is also different in Intellicad. I did change that but it did not help my printing problems
ColC

Postby Surveyorshawn » Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:14 am

Well, I got it to work for me. I went to "Settings", then to "IntelliCAD Options". From there I went to the "Printing"tab, deselected "Use color-dependant print styles and selected "Use named print styles". Then I closed that dialog box (after clicking "ok"). It still made some lines too light, so in the print dialog box I clicked "Advanced" and selected "Print lineweights" under "Print Options". Now it seems to be working for me. I'll let you know how it does on my next drawing.
Surveyorshawn

Return to Survey