IntelliCAD regen speed

Moderator: Carlson Support

Do any other users have this problem and should Carlson be petitioned to create a faster drawng engine?

Yes?
100%
No?
No votes
It's not a problem on my PC!
No votes

Total votes : 2

IntelliCAD regen speed

Postby bob587 » Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:05 pm

I'm used to AutoCAD being my drawing engine and Carlson my main surveying and design software. Regens with AutoCAD were fairly quick especially on larger drawings but being human I wanted to give IntelliCAD a try. ICAD seems to have a lot going for it and is very suited to customizing so naturally one would think that its basic engine would also be capable. Unfortunately, the program has lived up to all expectations; except, that my larger sized drawings regenerate at the speed of a slug. I do highway work, so, creating a lot of points in cross-sections to represent cross slopes, super elevation and shoulder transitions is important to me. IntelliCAD using Carlson Civil seemingly creates the points and draws them fast enough, but, only when initially created. I leave my points on the screen and find the program lacks regen speed in all aspects. Lines and points take minutes to regen; and I've got a pretty quick PC with a dual core processor. Not finding any specific posts regarding this subject leaves me to believe that there may be a setting within that could alleviate the slowdown and speed up regens. If it is, please clue me in; if not, perhaps Carlson will look into program modification. IntelliCAD could seriously compete with AutoCAD if it's engine could be turbo-charged!
:wink:
Robert E. Wijkowski, PLS
bob587

regen speeds

Postby Vincent Popish » Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:32 pm

Some are hoping that they will support Bricscad. It is way ahead of intellicad. There was some talk awhile back of supporting it, but I am unsure of a timetiable???
Vince Popish
Vincent Popish

Postby bob587 » Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:56 pm

Saw this mentioned within the forum but really don't know anything about Briscad. Guess its time to do some research on the "net. Thanks.
Robert E. Wijkowski, PLS
bob587

Return to Survey