HOT KEYS

Moderator: Carlson Support

HOT KEYS

Postby miket » Sun Oct 03, 2010 3:50 pm

I am running Carlson Survey 2010 with Autocadd embedded.
How do I change the .pdp file, or hot keys such as Distance from DI to D?
miket

Postby Dent Cermak » Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:44 pm

The standard AutoCad acad.pgp file has D set as *dimstyle which is the dimension style window. If you wish to lose this hot key setting, you can reset D to your distance key. Open the acad.pgp file in windows explorer and edit away.
Change the line D, *DIMSTYLE to read D, *DIST. Now the distance command will be invoked by either D or DI. Or you can now reset DI to something else.[/b]

A quick word of advice. IF you have never edited a file like this before, or even if you have, FIRST save a copy of the acad.pgp file!! It's best to rename that file on the save to something like acadorig.pgp so you will be able to tell which is the original file. Stuff happens and this is a file that you do not want to lose.
Dent Cermak

Postby miket » Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:42 pm

thanks, but i cannot find the acad.pgp file,
miket

Postby Dent Cermak » Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:24 am

You have the "embedded" version of Carlson. There is no .PGP file with that version whereby you can set or reset hot keys.
See the answer in the Carlson Standalone section under survey. The Standalone is the "embedded" version.
If you know someone with AutiCad on their computer. you can copy the acad.pgp file and rename it SURV.pgp and load that in the Support folder. That will restore your hot keys.
If you do not have access to a copy of AutoCad, PM me your email address and I will send you a copy of the file.
Dent Cermak

Return to Survey