Converting DWG to either CRD or ACSII File

Moderator: Carlson Support

Converting DWG to either CRD or ACSII File

Postby wood88 » Fri Mar 25, 2011 1:39 am

Hi,

Im looking at converting a DWG file with has my pre calculations for a survey set out to either a = CRD or ACSII File so i can put it on my instrument.

Any help on this would be great.

Cheers
wood88

Postby Dent Cermak » Fri Mar 25, 2011 1:29 pm

Not sure what you are working with here. You cannot "convert" a dwg to a crd file as far as I know.
If what you have done is made a drawing and have created linework to represent your parcel using only lines based on bearings and distances, etc, then all you need to do is create a crd file for that project and then locate the points you will use in the field. In other words, you need a point block at each property corner, pi or control point that you will use in the field.
First, go to the POINTS pull down and select "Set Coordinate File", then, if you do not have an existing file, select NEW and name it whatever you like. (If there is an existing crd file listed, set it current and do a "LIST POINTS" to see what is in it. You may already have what you need.)
Now, go to the "Draw, Locate Points" menu under the POINTSpulldown and use the "SCREEN SELECT" tab to set points at each of the desired corners, PI's or control points. Once you have done this, use the "LIST POINTS" routine to view the points you have created.
Now, you can use either the *.CRD file that you created or you can export the points as an ascii file.
Dent Cermak

Postby ColC » Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:31 pm

The other avenue is to use create points from entities. You don't have full control over the order the point numbers in this function. The default layers I think is controlled by the Point Defaults( I am not at my computer to give you precise directions)
ColC

Postby wood88 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:41 am

Dent Cermak wrote:First, go to the POINTS pull down and select "Set Coordinate File", then, if you do not have an existing file, select NEW and name it whatever you like. (If there is an existing crd file listed, set it current and do a "LIST POINTS" to see what is in it. You may already have what you need.)
Now, go to the "Draw, Locate Points" menu under the POINTSpulldown and use the "SCREEN SELECT" tab to set points at each of the desired corners, PI's or control points. Once you have done this, use the "LIST POINTS" routine to view the points you have created.
Now, you can use either the *.CRD file that you created or you can export the points as an ascii file.

Thanks exactly what i was looking for.

Cheers
wood88

Return to Survey