IntelliCAD is not making me happy

Moderator: Carlson Support

IntelliCAD is not making me happy

Postby Pin Cushion » Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:58 pm

I made the decision to switch from Land Desktop to Carlson|iCAD for the price an functionally. When demoing the software it ran great... but little did I know that is would be almost insufficient as a standalone CAD platform.... crash, bug, crash, plot stlyes act up, sucks, crash, not getting easier.

iCAd kills me because: :evil:

1) Point node is not snapped to when hovering over point data (point attribute)… thus being less effective than Acad. I need, or would like VERY MUCH, to have this feature.
2) No “fillet” of polylines, instead polylines must be trimmed then joined thus being less effective than Acad
3) “Match Properties” does not match text sizes. Icad6.6 does match the text rotations & text layers… but not the text sizes, not cool
4) Point settings need to be upgraded... I cannot get over #1. It is basic fundamentals of land survey drafting/CAD. I need, or would like VERY MUCH, to have this feature.
7) No background mask… just text mask
8) Wblock creation crashed the program nearly every time.
9) Paper space Title block stuff needs to be addressed; it is not capable in the arena.
10) The creations/settings boxes are like Windows 95, they seem a step back… even from a 2005 aCAD platform
10) Text and dimensions didn’t transfer over well. Dimension labeling an encroachment is being a huge pain.
11) with all the settings saving options there is no sheet saving options thus I have to figure out what my text sizes need to be in every scaled drawing, 20, 30, 40, 50, 100, 150, 200.... pain in the butt

iCAD is NOT ready for my office... not even close in 6.6... lets hope 7+ is better because this 6.6 is just going to collect dust.
I was blind... but now I see with Carlson.
Pin Cushion

IntelliCAD is not making you happy

Postby site admin » Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:44 pm

Dear Mr. Pin Cushion,

Please copy your post and send it to support directly at support@carlsonsw.com so we can take a detailed look at each issue you are experiencing and we can work with you to see it fixed. Thank you.

Technical Support
606-564-5028
support@carlsonsw.com
site admin
Site Admin

Postby Pin Cushion » Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:32 pm

Thank you Mr.Harris,

I have contacted Support to learn that most of these "will be addressed with the new 7point-whatever upgrade, when it is released," but I doubt they can correct all the short comings in one release. :twisted:

Mrs. Pin Cushion
Pin Cushion

Postby site admin » Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:52 pm

Sorry "Mrs." Pin Cushion. I knew that would be the case as soon as I typed it :)

If you end up having any further support issue, please let me know. It's probably easier and quicker to get a response when sending these type issues directly to our support email address. We do not regularly moderate this site as we leave it up to users to share and discuss freely. I try to get in here a couple times a month to see if there are any without responses.

Hopefully we have addressed all of your concerns in the upcoming release of IntelliCAD 7 but feel free to hound me if not.

Have a great day!

Brian
site admin
Site Admin

Postby Pin Cushion » Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:30 pm

I am really not a Mrs. :evil: that one was just too easy :)

In fairness I made a Pro's list to go along with my Con's

PRO’s of Carlson-v2012|iCAD Vs. AutoDESK LAND DESKTOP|v2005 (my previous software)
1) *Price, Carlson-v2012|iCAD cannot be beat in the bang for your buck category… AutoDESK has (or soon will) price themselves out of business conscious surveying companies that need a cost effective CAD solution. Carlson|iCAD is that solution. *Maintenance packs are also a bargain.*
2) Tech Support… second to none. Carlson wrote the book on tech support.
3) Tech Support… best in the business
4) Carlson cares about you and it shows. Carlson cares about their customers.
5) Tech Support…. They will call you on the phone.
6) Tech Support… the support alone is 4 PRO’s at least. Trust me.
7) Surface modeling and volumes are simplified beyond belief.
8) Field-to-Finish functionality far exceeds survey tasks of LDD. Too much to describe why it is better than LDD here…. You really have to see it in action.
9) Simple to set up drafting settings, after utilizing the settings that best fit your needs the Carlson “saving” options can easily be saved and loaded from one machine to another for streamlined companywide CAD Standards. All drafting settings are savable and loadable in a snap. (except for text sizes described in the con's)
10) This software is made for Surveyors.
11) SurvNet & Lotnet… you’ll see.
Pin Cushion

Return to Survey