Help

Moderator: Carlson Support

Help

Postby zgdp4 » Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:56 pm

Hi all,
I am a surveying student at East Tennessee State University and I am trying to learn about the Carlson program. I am currently trying to figure out the deed reader option and am kind of stuck. I have not been able to find anything on this. Any help would be most appreciated.
Thanks,
Gavin
zgdp4

Postby Dent Cermak » Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:39 pm

You can download the Survey Instruction manual from this site. It is rather large, but views easily as a PDF file. There's just enough info in the manual to get you started on understanding the software.
If your particular version is not listed, download any of the Survey manuals. They operate pretty much the same way. The deed reader/writer options are pretty much the same as they have been for years, so any one of the manuals should be able to lead you through the process.
Dent Cermak

Thank you for the quick response

Postby zgdp4 » Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:47 pm

I have downloaded the manual and it is very helpful but I still have not been able to find a specific format for the deed reader that it actually likes. I have typed a few legal descriptions into a text file but it for some reason does accept the format. Is there anyone that has a sample that I could look at or a format that I can follow?
Thanks,
Gavin
zgdp4

Postby Dent Cermak » Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:10 pm

Under the Training pull down go to the Movie downloads. Go to "Previous Version Archives" then down to "Survey" There are 2 training movies dated Sept 2001. One is "Process Deed Files.exe" and the other is "Enter Deed Descriptions". Seeing that not much has changed in the interim, these movies may give you an insight as to what you need.
If that does not do it, call the Carlson Support guys direct and see if they can send you the info you need or possibly talk you through the areas of concern.
Dent Cermak

Return to Survey