GETTING MY LOGO RIGHT...

Moderator: Carlson Support

GETTING MY LOGO RIGHT...

Postby Pin Cushion » Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:18 pm

Is there a method for getting a logo into iCAD?... converting tthe logo into line work?
I was blind... but now I see with Carlson.
Pin Cushion

Postby Pin Cushion » Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:29 pm

could not figure it out... drag and drop, drew over it in CAD.Looks great.

I am getting a new look for 2012, new web graphics, logo, and new title borders. Fresh new set up, changing from LDDv2005 to CALRSONv2012|iCAD... total DWT/config rebuild, 1st time F-2-F build, and it is almost over. I am ready for 2012. I have been reluctant to switch platforms fully because I want to switch fresh with the new year... fresh set of job#'s (I use the year as a pre-fix).
I was blind... but now I see with Carlson.
Pin Cushion

Postby Dent Cermak » Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:37 pm

Once you get the dwt file going , the field to finish all set up and the field crews using your codes correctly, life becomes easy!!
Autoline work happens, symbols are inserted, point groups are built, culvert inverts are labeled, tree sizes and types are labeled and all of your control points have symbols, northings, eastings and elevations and everything is on the proper layer!! A little clean up and some notes added and you are through.
PLUS if your client has their own symbols and layers all you have to do is build a dwt for them and then copy your field to finish file to one named for them, modify it as necessary and everything works without your field guys having to learn a new code system. Having one set of field codes for all of the work we do was the only way I could sell the product to our field crews.
Our crews run Carlson Field so they have my dwt loaded and the FLD file is converted and loaded to their Panasonic Toughbook data collectors. They have all of my custom tools in their data collector do I get all of the symbols and line work from the field to compare against what I have generated.
How'd I ever make it before Carlson? Danged if I know.
Dent Cermak

Return to Survey