Online training or classes

Moderator: Carlson Support

Online training or classes

Postby dbolt » Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:58 pm

Just wondering if anyone has suggestions for a USEFULL online training class of some sort? We have 17 days of the demo version left, and would like to understand the software a little better before we tell the boss not to waste his money....
dbolt

Postby Dent Cermak » Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:21 pm

So you are going to throw out the baby with the bath water?
Just because you do not know how to use the software does not mean that the software is useless.
There are several USEFULL training sessions right here on this site. Look under the Training tab where you found this Discussion Group. Go down to Downloads and then select "Carlson Software Training Movies". There's some very good info in those films. You can also download the User's Manual for your product. (It's HUGE!!)
I would also strongly recommend that you contact the nearest Carlson College member and see what a training session will run.
Recommending that the boss "not waste his money" will come back to haunt you. Believe me, I know. I once made such a recommendation based on as much info as you now have. A year or two later, when I learned what I was talking about, I looked like a durn fool when I had to recommend the software to my boss.
You have a local retailer (VAR) for the Carlson products. Call them and request a demo, if nothing else. Call Carlson and see if one of the area reps can help you out. There are Carlson users in your area that may be glad to show you what the software will do. (Too bad you are not in Mississippi. I'd have you over to the house and give you a demo over a cold brew.)
Do not take the path your post seems to indicate. It will come back to bite you, big time.
Dent Cermak

Postby Pin Cushion » Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:44 pm

Buying Carlson Software could be the best decision I ever made...If you think it is worthless I would love to know what you use.

Try these... if you cannot figure it out you need not be surveying anymore... first watch points, then intro to field to finish... then lotNet.
http://update.carlsonsw.com/movies/?level0=Carlson%20Survey&movies=67c800a19c6c16527d8ba541474f4bdc
I was blind... but now I see with Carlson.
Pin Cushion

Postby dbolt » Wed Nov 02, 2011 2:34 pm

Ya, after 33 years I think we'll just give up on this surverying thing. It's for the birds... Welfare dept. here I come! Lol Yutz
dbolt

Postby Pin Cushion » Wed Nov 02, 2011 2:47 pm

Seriously, What are you having trouble with? Is it your attitude towards learning the "new way?" 33 years explains a lot... they say it is hard for an old dog to learn new tricks, but that is not the case with Carlson. I recently switched from LDDv2005 to CARLSONv2012|iCAD and I must say Carlson walks the dog on LDD but it takes some getting used to. I am a licensed Surveyor in five states, I am willing to come train you for a fee :) or you could play with it like i did for two months and know it.

I can offer you a custom DWT, F-2-F table, Carlson platform ready to go in less than a week.

***You never disclosed what CAD platform you are currently using????
Pin Cushion

Postby Dent Cermak » Wed Nov 02, 2011 2:57 pm

33 years? That guy is a rookie.
Old dogs DO learn new tricks. If they want too.
I started out in the U. S. Army, 29th Engr. Bn (Base Topo) in 1970. Heck, I've been with my current employer for more than 33 years.
Some people just DO NOT want to learn new stuff. And that is a total disservice to his employer. Then there's always hell to pay when the boss finds out that you gave him bad information because you couldn't take the time to get the proper info.
Dent Cermak

Postby Pin Cushion » Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:38 pm

Pin Cushion

Postby Dent Cermak » Wed Nov 02, 2011 5:11 pm

Dent Cermak

Return to Survey