2013 is here!

Moderator: Carlson Support

2013 is here!

Postby tstrickland » Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:07 pm

Alright, it's here! I'm downloading the civil suite with Intellicad 7.2 now.
Any word from the beta testers? Is this the one we've been waiting on?
thanks.
EDIT: I'm going to play with it this weekend, and will comment afterward.
Terry Strickland
tstrickland

2013 Survey with Iintellicad 7.2

Postby Lefthandaction » Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:36 am

So far can't get a successful upload\install from the disc I received Monday afternoon. the Visual Cogo traverse dialog box is missing a recent additional tool that was added in the last updated files I downloaded back in May I think, it is a BRG/AZI Rotation. I use it in plotting deeds and it is a great help since all my work is done in stateplane coordinates. Set the rotation angle and just type in the deed calls. I hope this is added back in to the new 7.2. So far I am somewhat dissappointed, but I will not despair I fell that all these little problems will be addressed soon. I really see some features that I want to play with as you put it soon....
Lefthandaction

Postby ColC » Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:39 am

This is most stable release I have experienced so far(Intellicad), but that is coming off a low base. I am still experiencing some running issues, which support are still working on. I think I might be having more problems with my XP computer than on my Win 7 computer.

There are still some functions with layers, setting groups etc, which are still not in 2013. Lots more icons & symbols. I have found the improvements more in the speed and overall tidiness of the program the most noticeable. I haven't had the opportunity to test out all the new functions.
ColC

Postby Lefthandaction » Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:32 am

:D Since I was having trouble on my desktop I nstalled 2013 7.2 on my laptop yesterday afternoon and did not see any problems. After the install went okay on my laptop I tried something different on my desktop pc. I gave my carlson projects a new folder to live in. It looks as if the 2012 Survey Intellicad 7.1 folder for the Carlson Projects was creating or had some conflicts. So far this may have alleviated my issues with 2013. I feel as if there will be some other things show up, with any new build, but they will be handled by the folks at Carlson. This was a major hurdle for me to get the install done and the program working correctly. I hope my request for the BRG/AZI ROTATION will be added back to the Visual Cogo dialog and in deg. min. sec. instead of dd.
Lefthandaction

Postby ColC » Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:53 am

The Project Folders, Drawing Explorer & Project Explorer were issues which caused lots of problems in 2012. After lots of work from Leonid and others those problems seem to be resolved.

I am not familiar with the BRG/AZ rotation. If it is not on a pull down you may be able to add it by customising the menus.
ColC

Postby Nava Ran » Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:40 pm

Visual COGO Settings>Check on Prompt for Bearing/Azimuth Rotation
Nava Ran

Postby Lefthandaction » Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:25 am

Lon advised me by email of how to get back my Brg/Azi Rotation, thanks Nava Ran, best regards Lefthandaction
Lefthandaction

Return to Survey