General Line labeling/table questions

Moderator: Carlson Support

General Line labeling/table questions

Postby rfasick » Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:26 pm

Hi folks, CAD veteran, but new to Carlson and trying to figure out some things.
Working with the auto-annotate feature to label an easement polyline and generate a line table, I am running into some issues as follows.

- My line labels (L1, L2, etc...) are coming into the drawing counter-clockwise around the polyline. I'd like for them to appear clockwise. How can I do this?

-My table has no column or row lines (is only text), cannot locate the settings for displaying the table as I'd like.

-The world settings are adjusted (north arrow is rotated roughly 30 degrees), and my table comes in at this rotation. How can I get the table to insert with the model UCS and not the world?
rfasick

Postby Dent Cermak » Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:40 pm

Problem 1 - Your labels will follow the direction of the closed polylines. You can either use the "Reverse Polyline" option under the EDIT pulldown, or, noting Problen 3, trace over your boundary line with a new polyline running in the direction you desire, ie, clockwise.

Problem 2 - Under the ANNOTATION tab, go way down to where it says "LINE/CURVE TABLE" and check all the settings on the flyout menu. Evidently your line tale settings are turned off for linework.

Problem 3 - Take that polylined that you traced in Problem 1 and rotate it to the proper alignment. THEN create your linetable from this figure.
Dent Cermak

Return to Survey