Ribbon menus?

Moderator: Carlson Support

Ribbon menus?

Postby Streek » Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:19 pm

Carlson 2013, w/Embedded ACAD

How do I turn on the ribbon menu?

There is a chapter in my book about ribbon menus, but I don't see it.
I can't seem to find how to turn it on.

TIA
Streek

Re: Ribbon menus?

Postby Streek » Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:13 pm

I'm thinking that ribbon menus do not come with embedded. :cry:

Carry on.
Streek

Postby Dent Cermak » Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:18 pm

My book says, "Ribbons are newly available in the Carlson Survey 2013 program. Ribbons are only available in Carlson Survey for CAD, and only when installed on an AutoCAD platform." I guess that is one of the features that AutoCAD will not let Carlson have in the Embedded version.
I thought that really sucked until I read on and found, "Chances are you will employ a combination of pull-down menus and ribbons to run the program. Most of what you need is available in the ribbons, but not every command. The pull-down menus contain every command in the program". SAY WHAT!!?? Why clutter up my limited screen space with two ways to do something when ONE will suffice? That's crazy!!
I really don't think I will miss ribbons. I suppose it's all about what you are used to.
Dent Cermak

Postby Dent Cermak » Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:20 pm

I was reading some older posts and came across this. Perhaps this will solve your problem?

"The Carlson 2010 program does not have Ribbon menu elements in its default state. This is due to the fact that Carlson can be installed on any full version of AutoCAD from 2010 down to 2000 as well as IntelliCAD. The different CAD engines all have different menu setups.

You will need to create a new Workspace including all desired menu options from your program configuration. Open the CUI and right click on 'Workspace' - 'New Workspace' - copy the desired contents (Menus,
Toolbars, Ribbons,...) from your CUI on the left to the new Workspace on the right. Once the new Workspace is created, turn on the Workspace toolbar and set your Workspace current. Then turn on the Ribbon menu.

You can disable the Ribbon menu option by typing 'Ribbonclose' "
Dent Cermak

Return to Survey