Linetypes not showing up using F2F

Moderator: Carlson Support

Linetypes not showing up using F2F

Postby leftclick » Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:47 pm

Intellicad 2013,

I added a custom linetype for overhead wires and others to the icad.lin file my drawings read to. If I make the layer current, and just draw a line, the linetype draws fine.

When I run F2F, the linetype is not recognized. I have the linetype set to "BY LAYER" in the field to finish settings.
I can't browse to the lineype, but can manually type in my linetype under the F2F settings tab and it will draw correctly. Any clue why "BY LAYER" does not recognize the line type? I hate to manually update each code that uses these special line types.

Thanks,
leftclick

Re: Linetypes not showing up using F2F

Postby Dent Cermak » Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:17 am

Do you have that linetype loaded in SURV.lin?? If not, add it to that file.
Another thought. List the line. Does it indicate the linetype being "continuous" ? If so, look on the "Modify" toolbar and see what is showing on the linetype setting. Sometimes it goes all goofy.
Final idea, make sure that the descriptor in your *.crd file EXACTLY matches what you put in your Field To Finish file.
Dent Cermak

Re: Linetypes not showing up using F2F

Postby leftclick » Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:51 pm

Finally figured out that I was trying to use some linetypes left over from a previous software, and they weren't in the .lin file. I found a LISP routine that helped me locate the icad.lin file Intellicad was using, and then copied my "custom" line types into it. I just had to go into layers manager and change the line types. It defaulted to "continuous" for the lines that it couldn't find. Better than just not drawing them.
leftclick

Return to Survey