Group Points

Moderator: Carlson Support

Group Points

Postby sjg » Thu May 16, 2013 4:05 pm

Has anyone else noticed within Autocad 2013, within PURGE command, the GROUPS header. We were having a real issue when importing text file and it generating all theses GROUPS and we were unsure what was creating them. PURGE would take forever. Found out within Carlson Configure, General Settings, toggle Group Points off. With it on was basically creating 2 or 3 groups per shot. Now with it off each shot will have 3 entities, Point, Block reference (Symbol), Block Referecne (Pt #, Elev, Desc.), plus the file size is smaller, and PURGE dialogue comes up almost instantly. Would be nice if Carlson could group these items together without creating an actual GROUP. So if anyone else has encountered this, here is what I came up with.
sjg

Re: Group Points

Postby Ludeman » Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:49 pm

We don't use the grouping. I wish Carlson would allow the option not to add acad point entities to every point block. Every time I create points I have to delete the acad points. I wrote a lisp to do that and added a button to a toolbar to execute it. Easy enough now, but still a PITA.
Ludeman

Re: Group Points

Postby Dent Cermak » Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:42 pm

Make sure pdmode=0. That may solve your problem.
Dent Cermak

Return to Survey