F2F - Tree Symbols

Moderator: Carlson Support

F2F - Tree Symbols

Postby kdickerson » Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:35 pm

I've just started using Carlson like 2 weeks ago, but have been exposed to drafting for like 24 years. I'm trying to get my settings / codes set up for using F2F. I imported a sample .txt file that has three (3) different tree locations. Two (2) trees are oaks and I have them labeled as TROAK /50 and farther down the .txt file TROAK / 20. I also have a TRPINE /25. The TROAK / 50 is inserted and labeled the way I want it to be, but the TROAK /20 tree symbol and text does not insert into the drawing. The survey points are there, but no tree symbol and text.

Any clue why one description would work and the other one would not? Thanks, Kevin D.
kdickerson

Re: F2F - Tree Symbols

Postby Dent Cermak » Fri Dec 06, 2013 6:00 pm

I bet your *.FLD file is corrupted.
Go to C:\users\your name\AppData\Roaming\Carlson Software\Carlson Survey 20**\ R20**\enu\USER
Find the file fld2fin.ini and delete it.
Restart your drawing and rerun Field To Finish and all should be fine.
In essence, you will rewrite the corrupted *.ini file. Mine went screwy and would draw the lines, points and everyuthing EXCEPT for my symbols (YES, I had checked the symbols box.)

You are using the one descriptor "TROAK" for all of your oak trees and letting the "/size" set the text, correct? If so, be sure to check the case and spelling in your coordinate file to make sure it is exactly the same as in your F2F file.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dent Cermak

Return to Survey