Prism Constant Issue Importing Trimble DC files

Moderator: Carlson Support

Prism Constant Issue Importing Trimble DC files

Postby Gibbo » Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:22 pm

I’ve found that some of my Trimble DC files aren’t reducing correctly into the RW5 editor. I’m using DC v10.7. I’ve attached the DC file for your evaluation. If you look at line 22 in the DC file you’ll see a target height of 1.536 and prism constant -30mm. Then on line 25 in the DC file you’ll see a target height of 2.000 and prism constant +2mm. When you reduce the DC into raw data editor, it ignores the +2mm constant and consequently changes the values by -30mm instead of +2mm. Anyone know a solution or reason for this?
Andy Gibson
Brisbane, Australia
Gibbo

Re: Prism Constant Issue Importing Trimble DC files

Postby tstrickland » Wed Jun 11, 2014 5:46 pm

Andy,
Better get with Carlson Support on this issue. This is mostly a user forum, only occasionally visited by Carlson Staff, so it may be a long time before anyone who knows the answer will take a look at it. I don't have the answer.
Terry Strickland
tstrickland

Re: Prism Constant Issue Importing Trimble DC files

Postby Gibbo » Fri Jun 13, 2014 5:21 am

Thanks Terry, I forwarded it on to them also as posting here. I just wanted to alert users to the problem also. It's kind of a big deal when reducing files with multiple prism offsets. The reduction of the SDR file out of the Trimble into a raw file yields the correct results.
Andy Gibson
Brisbane, Australia
Gibbo

Return to Survey