Training

Moderator: Carlson Support

Training

Postby John G » Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:09 pm

Realistically, how long does it take a new user to learn this software, seems like ALOT!!!!
John G

Re: Training

Postby ColC » Sat Apr 04, 2015 1:19 am

Whilst it might take time to learn some of the more advanced features, I would say the great advantage of the software is the ease of use. I have found it be very intuitive. There is good supply of videos you can download which are very instructive, and If you are able to access the training opportunities that would be useful.

I am certain you will develop a working level in a very short time if take advantage of the support offered.

I have being using the software since 2004 and the ease of use was the initial draw card for me.
ColC

Postby Streek » Mon Apr 06, 2015 12:10 pm

John,
I have found that the trick isn't learning the new software,
as much as learning how to forget the old!

:|
Streek

Postby Dent Cermak » Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:56 pm

If you want to get up to speed quickly, you take a class at a Carlson College facility. OR, find someone in your area already on Carlson and have them help you. (Anyone in the West central sector of Mississippi can contact me via this site and I will get you going.)
Have to do it all by yourself? Then go to thatcadgirl.com and order her training manuals or go to cadapult.com and order Rick Ellis's book on Carlson.
Don't want to spend any money and have yet to understand that teaching yourself any of the new software products is a thing of days gone by, then allow 3 to 6 months to figure out the basics.
Remember Carlson thinks like you do, not the convoluted process AutoDesk prefers.
Somewhere around here I have a paper ob the transition from LDD to Carlson. If you will email me, I will send you a copy of that document. It's a little dated, but it still works.
Dent Cermak

Return to Survey