Geographic Coordinates

Moderator: Carlson Support

Geographic Coordinates

Postby Survmo » Tue Nov 17, 2015 12:53 am

II've used Carlson since 2004 but upgraded to 2014 OEM to have the improved coordinate systems/geodetic bearings, etc. When I try to label latitude and longitude of a point, I get an error:

Command: LABLAT
Pick point or point number: (4.84934e+006 3.68187e+006 111.493)bad argument type: stringp nil :error#0

Also, I can't figure out how to adjust the precision of the geographic coordinates. I would like DD MM SS.sssss or something like that. DD.MMSSsssss would be ok. I am getting DD.MMSS i.e. 47.3542

Thanks for any assistance.
Survmo

Re: Geographic Coordinates

Postby Dent Cermak » Thu Nov 26, 2015 5:44 am

Check and make sure you have your grid zone data, etc. set correctly under Carlson Settings.
As far as the precision of decimal places, when you select Label Lat/Long a popup menu should come up that, in the lower right portion or the popup, should show a check box for DMS or Decimal degree format and then a precision box where you set the number of decimal seconds you wish to display.
I've checked Versions 10,15 and 16 and that seems to be the case in those versions. If you are not getting the popup or still getting a fatal error, you may need to reinstall your new software.
Dent Cermak

Return to Survey