F2F Sequence Code

Moderator: Carlson Support

F2F Sequence Code

Postby thomamic » Fri Apr 29, 2016 8:25 pm

I would like to use a f2f code that takes advantage of the sequence option but still be able to use the Special Codes to draw curved sections of the lines. Any ideas, or am I out of luck.

Thanks
thomamic

Re: F2F Sequence Code

Postby Dent Cermak » Sun May 01, 2016 10:37 pm

I'm not real sure I understand what you are asking. IF you are wanting to ,say, run Edge of pavement running down one side in sequence 1....EA1 +7
2...EA1
3...EA1
then you want to describe entering a curve 4...EA1 PC
This shot plus the next two will define the arc by internally using the 3 point arc option , The last shot may be entered as EA1 PT if desired,
but the program will end the arc on the 3rd shot regardless. If you then enter a compound or reverse curve, just continue the next shot as EA1 PC and take off again.
Dent Cermak

Re: F2F Sequence Code

Postby thomamic » Mon May 02, 2016 7:11 pm

I understand using special codes to add a curve to a line as in your EA1 example. F2F allows you to define a code such as xsect where you define a sequence of shots such as fl, ea, cl, ea, fl where you capture the shots in the defined order line after line and the code for each shot is xsect. The program sorts the lines into FL,EA,CL,EA,Fl according to the defined sequence. An example would be cross-sectioning a ditch or street at 100 foot intervals. I can get this to work fine, except that I can not figure a way to code it so that the lines contain curves,
thomamic

Return to Survey