drafting in Carlson 2014 with embedded autocad

Moderator: Carlson Support

drafting in Carlson 2014 with embedded autocad

Postby emackack » Wed Aug 17, 2016 6:36 pm

This may seem simple, but I can't figure it out. I have for as long as I can remember used I guess what you would call a template, but perhaps a toolbar which has easy access to Drawing Setup, Setting Linetype, polyline commands, etc. Yesterday, I was setting a state plane coordinate system in a drawing and this template (or toolbar) just disappeared. I have not been able to retrieve it. I have been able to add various command toolbars, but it is not the same. Does this make any sense? Any help in getting what I thought was a basic desktop look back? Thanks.
emackack

Re: drafting in Carlson 2014 with embedded autocad

Postby Streek » Thu Aug 18, 2016 12:52 pm

Right click on the gray area by the toolbars.

click SURV

check on STANDARD, see if that does it.

You can turn on/off your toolbars from here, you can also customize them.
Streek

Re: drafting in Carlson 2014 with embedded autocad

Postby Dent Cermak » Thu Sep 08, 2016 3:47 pm

I believe what you are looking for is called "Workspce" That is composed of all of the pull dowm icons that you have selected to make life easier. As stated before, double click the top gray space of your Carlson window and the select SURVEY. A whole list of available menus should pop up. Select the ones you want and put them in the order you like best. This will become your "standard" workspace.

Workspaces have a BAD habit. They disappear just when you need them the most. In Carlson with Embedded AutoCad there is a Workspace tab at the bottom right of your screen. It does not work. AutoDesk will not give away all of their stuff and they are simply used to frustrating their customers.

WORKAROUND.....Type "workspace" on the command line. Do this just as soon as you get everything set up the way you want. On the command line now select "Save As" and give it a name that you can remember, like"MINE". While you are at it, make a second copy by repeating this process and call it "MINE2". Then set your workspace to "MINE"

Noe you are cool until the workspace makes a break for it and disappears. Then simply do the workspace thing again and set the workspace to Mine2 Then do a "save as" back to MINE and you arte all ready to go. (ALWAYS keep that backup copy. You will need it.)

You will end up doing this several time in a year. Fixing it will become an automatic process as long as you remember the command "WORKSPACE".
Dent Cermak

Return to Survey